- So, Dear leaders of our village - now that we the citizens have proven to you that we are capable of listing all your areas of equalizations - can you stop wasting time on them and get back to doing serious work?
Mr. Marricke K. Gane has tagged the two dominant political parties in Ghana as the Equalization People’s Party (EPP) due to the penchant of their supporters to equalize and justify whatever the other party does, based on historical activities of when the other was in power.
In a post on Facebook, the public speaker cum professional accountant, who has expressed a strong desire of contesting in the upcoming 2020 General Elections as an independent presidential candidate, wrote that the two big parties have decided that the only politics they know to do is the "The Politics of Equalization".
According to him, both parties have among others instigated and conducted violence at by-elections, both parties have MP’s with a disgraceful record of absenteeism in Parliament, both parties have had Annual Budget Deficits for 25 out of the last 27 years of the 4th republic, both parties have disappointed in getting the RTI Bill passed by Parliament, both parties have failed to keep Debt to GDP at 50% or below or push Ghana's Human Development Index above 0.7 to date, and that both parties only have 3 guaranteed issues they agree on - (a) Pay raises (b) Car Loans and (c) Ex-Gratias.
Below is his full post:
THE EQUALIZATION PEOPLE'S PARTY
Since the 2 big political parties (our elders) have decided the only politics they know to do is "The Politics of Equalization" - let's help them bath their own soapy water. You want equalization? Here you go:
1. Both parties have had, instigated or conducted Violence at by-elections;
2. Both parties have had MPs who have had disgraceful absentee records in parliament;
3. Both parties have had scandals of overpriced contracts, judgement debts and/or unqualified contractual awards;
4. Both parties have vigilante and or thug groups affiliated to them;
5. Both parties under their tenure have made manifesto promises that were not fulfilled;
6. Both parties have had Annual Budget Deficits for 25 out of the last 27 years of 4th republic;
7. Both parties under their tenures, have had average JHS pass rates below 60% across country and less than 30% first year post-university job market absorption rates for graduates;
8. Both parties under their tenures have had preventable deaths occur from non-existent drainages during perennial floods, fires and building collapses from faulted permits, accidents from bad roads and signage etc;
9. Both parties under their tenures have had Ghana being part of the global top 13 gold producers but never part of the top 30 global gold reserve holders;
10. Both parties under their tenure have had government and public officials indicted and/or exposed for varying levels of corruption by Annas Aremeyaw Anas and others;
11. Both parties have never managed to get the Ghana Black stars to win the African Nations Cup under the 4th Republic;
12. Both parties have NOT pushed or succeeded in passing the RTI bill;
13. Both parties have failed to carry out an overhauled repair of the Tema Motorway since it's construction but have collected Tolls to that effect;
14. Both parties have abused, manipulated and compromised the independence and professionalism of our National police;
15. Both parties have NOT managed to get PayPal to do business in Ghana even though Togo has before the unrests started;
16. Both parties have NOT managed to carry out a proper combined fiscal, governance and operational decentralisation of regions to date;
17. Both parties talk about Value for Money BUT have consciously stalled development continuity by side-lining old projects simply because they weren't started by their governments;
18. Both parties have not been able to get a National airline in the air for half of the 27 years of the 4th Republic;
19. Both parties have failed to keep Debt to GDP at 50% or below or push Ghana's Human Development Index above 0.7 to date;
20. Both parties have failed to amend the constitution even though in opposition, they all make noise about how concentrated it puts power in the hands of the executive;
21. Both parties have intentionally failed to deal with Political party financing and asset declarations of their candidates.
22. Parliamentarians from both parties only have 3 guaranteed issues they agree on - (a) Pay raises (b) Car Loans and (c) Ex-Gratias;
23. Shall I continue?......
So, Dear leaders of our village - now that we the citizens have proven to you that we are capable of listing all your areas of equalizations - can you stop wasting time on them and get back to doing serious work?